Vermont State-Wide Environmental Education Programs
SWEEP is the Vermont State-Wide Environmental Education Programs, a nonprofit coalition of individuals and organizations whose mission is to promote a sustainable future by fostering exceptional environmental literacy work through our state and regional networks.
SWEEP envisions a society that follows environmental sustainability principles for the well-being of humans and global ecosystems.
Since 1973, SWEEP members have been meeting regularly to exchange information and to coordinate efforts among Vermonters involved and interested in environmental education.
SWEEP is one of the six environmental education organizations that make up the New England Environmental Education Alliance (NEEEA). SWEEP represents Vermont in the North American Association of Environmental Educators (NAAEE) Affliliate Network.
SWEEP's 5 Priorities
- Develop and implement a Sustainability and Environmental Literacy Plan
- Foster Collaborations and Partnerships
- Serve as Vermont’s Environmental Literacy Resource Hub
- Enhance SWEEP’s visibility, voice, and effectiveness
- Strengthen SWEEP’s core capacity